Sunday, September 18, 2011

Storm King




I ventured to Storm King Art Center with family last weekend, to celebrate my great aunt and uncle's 50th anniversary. It was a surprise party, and let me tell you, I've never seen a grown woman cry harder that early on a Sunday before. The waterworks were in effect, that is certain. The party was a hit and I drank entirely too much champagne while sitting on a baby blanket, but hey, we're Latvian, and thats how we do. Some of my older cousins were happily surprised at the lack of getting kicked out of the establishment. It's happened before, and it will happen again. Did I mention that the party started an hour late? The couple of honor wound up at DIA Beacon, instead of Storm King, right out of the gate. Too hilarious. A sculpture garden by any other name would smell as sweet.








For more information and better resolution photos please visit Storm King's website. The center is located in Connecticut, about an hours drive from the city. Well worth the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment