Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A New Year





Happy 2012! It has finally arrived. This year will be different (says everyone)... but seriously. It will. I finished college at SVA and I've been back to England, there is no where to go but further UP! A masters degree can certainly wait. At least, that is what I've been told by no less than ALL of my professors. So wait I will! Get some kind of job to save up on, and go forth, traveling, buying art supplies, and applying for shows! Here are some pics of rural England (Daventry and Upton). TATE Modern post will be next, getting back on track with museum reviews. Enjoy!

Most of England is actually sheep, and their fields.


Oh, and dogs and birds.

England is in a horrible drought this year, if you can believe that the fog and rain capital of Europe is running low on water, but this lake where the ducks live actually used to be MUCH higher. Like 10 feet higher.

Thistles.

A canal with still enough water to support local barges and their inhabitants.

One dead tree.

Speaking of birds, look how beautiful this one is.




English supper. Quite fancy!

You BET I ate it all.

No need to mull over our muffin tops, it is COLD out.
That extra pudge will get me through a New York January,
I'm counting on it.

Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment