Thursday, February 10, 2011

Woodknot Design



Not previously mentioned, but owed their credit, are the boys at Woodknot Design. As the artists arrived one by one throughout the day, some sooner, some later, we had the entirety of the morning and afternoon to prepare and hang, level, re-hang, level again, re-hang, and re-hang our work. The show was to begin at 6pm that night, as stated on the flyer. It wasn't until midday that I heard the design team from Woodknot would be throwing some lamps together for us, for when the lights go out for the bands, our artwork is still on display and needs to be at least semi-lit.

Here are some of the pieces that were for sale that night, keep in mind these are all found objects, turned into appliances and furniture, most of them that same day.



I know what you're thinking. Those are the coolest blender-turned-table-lamps you've ever seen. They were bright as hell and left awesome reflections on the walls, complete with projected liquid measurements. The 'blend' switch was turned into the 'on' switch. And don't even get me started on the coolness that is that retro diner sugar pourer lamp seen on top.

2 comments:

  1. I bought one of these last month. i love the old school feel of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel in love with the piece they designed for my kitchen. Since I didn't have enough room for all my kitchen supplies I asked the Woodknot team to build me an island. It turned out beautifully! The entire piece it made out of reclaimed wood and built to last.

    I'm thinking of having them design my coffee table next...

    ReplyDelete