Saturday, March 10, 2012

Adventures Across the Pond!


Trip of a lifetime 2012: England, France and Scotland, in that order. Nothing short of life changing. Along with seeing some very missed family, and meeting the newest addition, traveling for 2 weeks through the United Kingdom and France was the time of my LIFE. I was sleep deprived, jet lagged, and train lagged, and never felt better, I met up with some old friends in new places and took so many pictures for a moment I was touched with carpal tunnel. I saw places I'd only read about and breathed air my body had never had before. I ate new food and very much upgraded my usual foods. I drank way too much, outside, with baguettes and what I'm positive was the best butter ever made, surrounded by the people I love most.

This is the first leg of my journey; Daventry, Upton, and Warwickshire in England


For February in England, it was pretty warm and sunny. 
Not a cloud in the British sky! Perfect for taking in some Daventry scenery...


...and some local sports...

...and cuisine of course...

...as well as nightlife...


...and even some local wildlife!



Stratford Upon Avon sounds like a stop on the MetroNorth, 
but is actually the hometown of Billy Shakespeare. 



THE William Shakespeare. 

^^^His house is still there!^^^


ALL the houses are still there, by the looks of this ancient town.
 It was like taking a trip in a time machine!


Those swans could be hundreds of years old, and no one could ever tell.



We had to make a trip to Tanworth in Arden (also in Warwickshire),
to the Churchyard of Mary Magdalene

To pay our respects to one of the greatest artists, whose life was cut tragically short.


 Nick Drake. My words cannot express my love for your music, but one man left a note that spoke so clearly, I hope you do not mind, fellow fan, if I share your heartfelt letter:











You inspire me every day, Nick Drake, you are loved by more now than you could have ever hoped for in your lifetime. You were born a little too soon for this world. Rest in Peace.


Stay tuned for the next post: Paris, France.
Bon voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment